PolyMon was developed using the following:
- SQL 2000
- Visual Studio 2005
- .NET 2.0
- Uses only standard controls provided in Visual Studio 2005 with exception of Charting library
- Charting library provided by NPlot (PolyMon includes software developed as part of the NPlot library project available from:
PolyMon has now been used in a production environment monitoring over 100 servers, services, databases and other hardware (SNMP).
PolyMon requires the following to run:
- MS SQL 2000 database. Will also run on MS SQL Server 2005, MSDE 2000 or MS SQL Server 2005 Express.
- PolyMon Executive runs as a Windows Service and should run under an account with required access priviliges to run all monitors. Will run on any Windows platform that will support .NET 2.0 framework. Typical memory footprint is 24MB for 100 monitors.
- PolyMon Manager will run on WinXP or any Windows platform that supports the .NET 2.0 framework. Typical footprint for PolyMon Manager is 45MB.