PolyMon Manager I18N issues

Topics: User Forum
Apr 16, 2007 at 3:52 PM
The graphs in PolyMon Manager have several internationalization (I18N) issues, the worst issue even makes it impossible to generate any graphs.

The Range selection boxes display the date as a ShortDate string as set in my culture (in this case 16-Apr-07),
however the Available text follows a different patern (in this case 04-16-2007) but should be a ShortDate string as well.

The graphs on the overview tab work, however when clicking Run on the Daily/Weekly/Monthly tabs I get the following error:
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "04-16-2007 00:00:00" to type 'Date' is not valid.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDate(String Value)
at PolyMonManager.frmReports.RunDaily()
at PolyMonManager.frmReports.btnRunDaily_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The RunDaily/RunWeekly/RunMonthly functions seems to use the fixed date format string "MM/dd/yyyy",
which seems to be the cause of this problem.
(it's not clear to me why a DateTime is converted into a string and then back into a DateTime)
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2007 at 11:46 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 9689. You may wish to continue further discussion there.