RC3 - Can't change Notification Rules

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 22, 2007 at 9:13 PM
Just installed RC3. I love the additions. I'm having some problems though with the Notification Rules. When I try to change anything in the Notification Rules page, it won't save.

I'll change the parameter to, well, anything except the default. Switch back to the "Settings" page, save, and then click on another monitor, click back to the one I changed and it's back to "Alert after every okay/warning to failure and every Failure to Ok" ... Bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, the Manager still won't let me save on all pages in the monitor defintion. It will still pop up the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" a lot of the time.

Still despite all that, I love this app!

I will be uploading my aforementioned DiskMonitor plugin in a few minutes. Sorry for the delay. Been swamped at work. :-)
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2007 at 9:42 PM
Hi,
Sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems. I have this setup in a variety of environments and have not experienced the issues you are seeing yet.

At one point I believe I was having issues with a SQL2005 install that did not have the service packs (I was not having problems creating monitors, just updating them) - however my issue was slightly different. The saves just did not work, but no errors were generated.

Could we try to resolve this over email? It will probably be faster and once resolved we can post the final solution.
My email is fbaptiste at gmail dot com

Can you let me know what OS manager is running on, what sql database version and sp you are using (and os it's running on if different machine).

Looking forward to the DiskMonitor plug in!

btw, did you see the powershell plug-in? I'm not a powershell expert at all, so I'm curious to know what you think of it and whether it actually works properly (documentation on how to execute powershell scripts from within a .net app is scarce to say the least, so I'm hoping I'm doing it right)...

F.
Mar 26, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Did you get my email? I haven't heard back. Thanks!!
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2007 at 2:12 AM
This has ben resolved. Issue was user specific due to RC2 to RC3 migration. Problem should not be generalized. Please let me know if you are encountering similar problems.
Thanks to avaianwaves for getting this figured out!!