PolyMon 2.x - Help Wanted

Topics: Developer Forum, PolyMon 2.x, Project Management Forum
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 11:34 AM
If you would like to help or contribute to the PolyMon 2.x project, please let us know.

You can contact us via our contact forms on CodePlex (use the People tab), or simply post here.

Encouraging comments are considered helpful as well :-)

If you have suggestions for PolyaMon 2.x, please use this thread instead: http://polymon.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=51939
Apr 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM
I'm glad to see PolyMon development starting up again!  I may have some time to help.  I can't make any big promises at this time because I'm a bit swamped, but that won't last forever. :-)
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Hi,
And thanks for your willingness to help out - all help is appreciated!

Also wanted to thank you for your suggestions in the very beginning of the project that pushed PolyMon to integrate with PowerShell - that was a killer idea!

Fred.
Apr 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Hello,
I am a Systems Admin using Polymon (and PolymonRT) momentarily on a kind of trial basis. (I just stumbled over it when looking for some easy to use tool that can provide me not only with Monitoring but also with a little reporting and Statistics.)

So far great work - I really love the Browser function in the Perfmon Monitor!

I am not really a big programmer (although i try do do some Code from Time to Time). Unfortunately i only understand C#, but i'd like to try to do a little coding. ;-)

However: I maybe able to provide a number of maybe Useful Tips for Usability, and i could do Tests with it on a bigger Scale....

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2009 at 2:19 PM
I am interested in contributing however I can.
I currently monitor about 200+ machines and a handful of SNMP devices.
I can hack it at C# and I have some admin experience on sql servers.

I am very excited to see Polymon moving forward.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Thank you to all who have been willing to help out on this project.

A mind map of the current feature wish list for 2.x is available here:
http://share.xmind.net/fbaptiste/polymon-2-x/ This was created using the excellent XMind application (free version). However, you can view the mind map directly on your browser at the above URL without downloading anything. Alternatively you can also download the mind map from the above URL and use your own copy of XMind.

Please provide feedback and I can make the changes to the mind map.
Thanks again!
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Hi,
I've also been working as a Sysadmin for a couple of years. I'm now working as a developer. I've been using Polymon in order to troubleshoot and correlate events on our servers.
Even though I'm still far from being an MVP, I'd like to contribute to the project. Like other people, I cannot promise to work full time on the project.
cheers,
Jaepetto
Jul 4, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I could possibly lend a hand with the graphic design aspect of the project depending on what you want. I'm a sys admin (MCSA) and have been using both versions of Polymon for just under a year to monitor around 25 servers both Linux and windows. We are actually using the RT version as the front end for the full blown polymon to provide at a glance status for the things we monitor. Before becoming a sys admin I was a graphic artist for about 15 years. I've written quite a few custom Powershell scripts for our Polymon installation so I could also provide some help with testing if need be.

cheers,

Robert

Jul 6, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Kiwijaffa, it sounds a little corny written down but....

Often when PolyMon is mentioned around our office, someone will break into song singing the Banana Boat song with the term Tally Man replaced with PolyMon. "Hey mister PolyMon, poly me banana." Which one day led to the discussion, since PolyMon didn't have a mascot or logo (like the Firefox) someone should draw a characature of mister PolyMon. Mister PolyMon was then described to look a bit like a cross between Side-Show Bob and Bob Marley.

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM

How do you set up RT as the front end?  I always glanced at RT, loved the look of the controls, but never bothered to download it because I didn't want to have to constantly update the settings for PolyMon and PolyMonRT when I add/change monitors (I have hundreds).

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I'm a SQL Server dba using this to monitor some 2 dozen servers. Program in Python & SQL. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:35 PM
fbaptiste wrote:
If you would like to help or contribute to the PolyMon 2.x project, please let us know.

You can contact us via our contact forms on CodePlex (use the People tab), or simply post here.

If you have suggestions for PolyaMon 2.x, please use this thread instead: http://polymon.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=51939

Sign me up.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm used your tool before and I'm really kind to help you for the new version. I;m a C#/SQL developer.  Tell me on what I can help you.

regards,

David

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:17 PM
fbaptiste wrote:

Hi, I started using your tool like 2 weeks ago and I love it a lot so far. I would love to contributue your new project. Please let me know how I can help.

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Hi

Im working on a College as IT-Generalist
We have 2 Sites,with 24 Servers an 400 Clients. currently i'm Using Nagios.
But i want always a Windows Based Solution, because im also a Semipro .net Developer in my Sparetime, and
i always code my nivty Small Management tools for Windows Automation things Powershell/vb.net

So i can Contribute some Testing and Code if you want me to help.

Cannot find any Info about the Current Project Status of 2.x?

mfg
daBONDi