install database error

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM
when im trying to install polymon it gives me an error when it's creating databases, the error message is "Error -2147467259: failed to create SQL database: PolyMon, error detail: unknown error."    i searched the error and tried many different permission things and cant get it to install, please help.
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Most likely reason is some security issue when the installer tries to connect to the SQL server. I would double check firewall settings as well as surface configuration for the target SQL server.
Is the installer running on the same box as the SQL server? If so, then the above would not apply.
I would also double check the user id/password you are supplying is indeed able to create databases on the target server.
If all that does not help, you can also install the database manually. To do so, simply create the database on the target SQL server and run the db creation script included in the downloadable install file (or in the source code for this release).
You can then run the PolyMon installer for the windows service and the client application without installing the database but just supplying to the installer the credentials you want the service and the client to use when connecting to the database (note that this should be credentials that allow read/write operations against the database).
Let me know if this helps or not.
Fred.
Mar 24, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Hi, thanks for your help. I don’t know what the problem is now with the database. I deleted the polymon database then created a new one, ran the script and get a lot of error messages like this, but the tables aren’t there and the program still crashes seemingly because the database isn’t right. Please help

Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure polymon_ins_MonitorEventCounter, Line 29

There is already an object named 'polymon_ins_MonitorEventCounter' in the database.

Msg 2714, Level 16, State 6, Line 1

There is already an object named 'OperatorRole' in the database.

There is already an object named 'Operator' in the database.

There is already an object named 'TSMonthly' in the database.

There is already an object named 'TSWeekly' in the database.

There is already an object named 'TSDaily' in the database.

There is already an object named 'Executive' in the database.

Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure polymon_sel_Operator, Line 23

There is already an object named 'polymon_sel_Operator' in the database.

Msg 2714, Level 16, State 3, Procedure polymon_hyb_SaveOperator, Line 79

Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 6:02 AM
To: Kelley Klassen
Subject: Re: install database error [polymon:46686]

Most likely reason is some security issue when the installer tries to connect to the SQL server. I would double check firewall settings as well as surface configuration for the target SQL server.
Is the installer running on the same box as the SQL server? If so, then the above would not apply.
I would also double check the user id/password you are supplying is indeed able to create databases on the target server.
If all that does not help, you can also install the database manually. To do so, simply create the database on the target SQL server and run the db creation script included in the downloadable install file (or in the source code for this release).
You can then run the PolyMon installer for the windows service and the client application without installing the database but just supplying to the installer the credentials you want the service and the client to use when connecting to the database (note that this should be credentials that allow read/write operations against the database).
Let me know if this helps or not.
Fred.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (polymon@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email polymon@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM
It looks like the script you are running is trying to create objects that already exist.
Please make sure that you are starting with a clean (empty) database. Also make sure you are running your SQL script against the empty database (you may have inadvertently been running your script against another database).
Finally, make sure that the connection string in PolyMon manager's and PolyMon Executive's config files are pointing to the right server, the database you just set up, and using credentials that have full read/write capabilities to that database.
Let us know if you're still encountering issues.
Thx,
Fred.