Easy way to temporarily Disable Notifications?

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM

In 1.2.0,  is there an easy way to temporarily disable one or all notifications? Management would like any time in error to be reflected in the numbers, but the folks (like myself) receiving the notices would like to not receive alerts through scheduled maintenance and the like.

Thanks,

Nathan

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2012 at 9:45 PM

When i do maintenance, i stop the service.  While i know this stops ALL alerts, in my case I am typcially doing maintenance on all servers anyway, so this doesn't cause me issues.  When done with maintenance, I just start the service back up.  Does that help you?

Btw, i think that is a good request for new features. :)

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I've been stopping the service for years, but management suddenly wants to see the "down time". And with the service down, PolyMon doesn't log the outage as down time.

I believe others have already asked for even more advanced handling of outages as enhancements.

Right now, I'm just looking for a quick hack. A bit I can flip in SQL, ect. My current thought is saving a copy of the notification settings for a monitor and building them backup after the event. Just asking if there was a quicker and cleaner way.

Aug 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM
A little late, but I'd do it with SQL:

Update monitor set IsEnabled = 0 where monitorid in ('2','4','6','8')

Of course you need to put in the correct monitor ids that you care about...
And turn them back on by setting IsEnabled = 1....

Bob
Sep 13, 2013 at 9:19 PM
My turn to be late, in replying.

That would work excellently.

Thank you!