installation error

Topics: User Forum
Feb 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Situation:
Windows 2003, SQL 2005, MDAC 2.8, .Net 2.0 and 3.0
installing with all default settings
Error Message during "executing SQL strings:
Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Must declare the scalar variable "@Uptime"., SQL key: DBSetup_Integrated SQL string: CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.agg_UpdateStatusTables
@MonitorID int,
@EventDT datetime, etc.

After pressing OK, the installation rolls back.

Any clue what I do wrong?
Tnx in advance
Jul 4, 2008 at 11:28 AM

groucho007 wrote:
Situation:
Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Must declare the scalar variable "@Uptime"., SQL key: DBSetup_Integrated SQL string: CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.agg_UpdateStatusTables
@MonitorID int,
@EventDT datetime, etc.

Tnx in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a similar problem ..mine was looking for an invalid column TimeSpan....

Ensure you choose the case insentitive option in SQL 2005 install

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ed300900

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:37 PM
I a having the same issue.  Can this case insentitive option after installation?

ed300900 wrote:

groucho007 wrote:
Situation:
@MonitorID int,
@EventDT datetime, etc.

Tnx in advance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ed300900

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:02 PM

tholp wrote:
I a having the same issue.  Can this case insentitive option after installation?

ed300900 wrote:

groucho007 wrote:
Situation:
@MonitorID int,
@EventDT datetime, etc.

Tnx in advance

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ed300900

Hi really you are better re-installing SQL2005 and ensuring you DO NOT choose the CASE SENSITIVE option.

The sql script its trying to run has a variation of entries..Timespan , TimeSpan .. so if you choose case insensitive..its all good

Jul 11, 2008 at 1:01 AM
Hi Ed:
Thank you for getting back to me on this.  I tried a reinstall over the existing installation and I did not see an option to set the case insentitive option.  Do you need to perform this installation from the Command Prompt, or from the Add Remove Programs?  I am surprised that this is an issue for me.  I have not seen many other issues, so I am wondering if this is some type of a conflict with my configuration. 

I am hesitant to do a complete ininstall and reinstall of SQL because I have several other databases running in this instance.

ed300900 wrote:

tholp wrote:

ed300900 wrote:

groucho007 wrote:
Situation:
@MonitorID int,
@EventDT datetime, etc.

Tnx in advance

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ed300900

Hi really you are better re-installing SQL2005 and ensuring you DO NOT choose the CASE SENSITIVE option.

The sql script its trying to run has a variation of entries..Timespan , TimeSpan .. so if you choose case insensitive..its all good

Jul 11, 2008 at 6:52 AM

what vcersion of SQL 2005 are yuo using ..express or standard ??

tholp wrote:
Hi Ed:
Thank you for getting back to me on this.  I tried a reinstall over the existing installation and I did not see an option to set the case insentitive option.  Do you need to perform this installation from the Command Prompt, or from the Add Remove Programs?  I am surprised that this is an issue for me.  I have not seen many other issues, so I am wondering if this is some type of a conflict with my configuration. 

I am hesitant to do a complete ininstall and reinstall of SQL because I have several other databases running in this instance.

ed300900 wrote:

tholp wrote:

ed300900 wrote:

groucho007 wrote:
Situation:
@MonitorID int,
@EventDT datetime, etc.

Tnx in advance

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ed300900

Jul 13, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Hi Ed:

I have SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition.  I tried installing on 2000 but I saw the error there also.  I then upgraded the server to 2005 STD.

The text of the error message is:

Error- 2147217900: faile to execute SQL string, error

detail: Line 7: Incorrect syntax near '('., SQL key:

DBSetup_Integrated SQL string: CREATE TABLE

[dbo].[OperatorRole](

[RoleID] [tinyint] NOT NULL,

[Role] [varchar](100) NOT NULL, (Two sqaure boxes) CONSTRAINT [...

ed300900 wrote:

what vcersion of SQL 2005 are yuo using ..express or standard ??

tholp wrote:
Hi Ed:

ed300900 wrote:

tholp wrote:

ed300900 wrote:

groucho007 wrote:
Situation:
@MonitorID int,
@EventDT datetime, etc.

Tnx in advance

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ed300900