SNMP Problem. OIDs with 4-5 digits not working?

Topics: User Forum
Feb 7, 2008 at 8:31 AM
Hi, we recently started using polymon to test monitoring some of our machines. We really like the application and were in the process of putting it into production. Everything was working great until we tried to add some of our temperature and ups monitors using snmp. I don't know why but polymon does not like OIDs like this ".1.3.6.1.4.1.16174.1.1.1.3.1.2.0" or this ".1.3.6.1.4.1.2947.1.3.2.0 ". I am just guessing but it seems the part with 4 or 5 digits is not handled correctly? In any case, it just throws a system exception instead of bringing back a value. I don't know if maybe there is something non-standard about those OIDs, searched a bit couldn't really come up with an answer, but every other app I try the OIDs in seems to support them and function fine.

Thanks for the great app, hopefully this can be fixed and make it even greater!
May 10, 2008 at 2:32 AM
Edited May 10, 2008 at 2:34 AM
Bump

Nobody else having issues with OID's ?

Just to note more standard OIDs work fine for me, its just these ones with 4+ numbers for a section and also the ones that won't work in polymon do work in other snmp apps.
Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM
Hi there,

I use a SNMP library from http://cis.paisley.ac.uk/crow-ci0/ for SNMP calls. I will see if there are any newer releases and include it as next release - hopefully this will fix it. In the meantimne you could try to use a later version of this library by copying the dll straight into PolyMon Manager and PolyMon Executive bin directories.

Thanks,
Fred.