Remote Monitoring Problems

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 10, 2007 at 1:09 AM
I have defined a CPU monitor for a SQL Server, saved monitor, and manually tested OK. However, I get a access denied error when running on a timer. Any time I manually run the monitor, it successfully gets the values from the remote server. I have checked all security settings, services, etc. Any help will be grealy appreciated. On a side note, I defined a ping monitor and disk monitor for the same remote server and receive no errors.
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2007 at 12:24 PM
The timed events in PolyMon are run from the PolyMon Executive windows service. When you run monitors manually through Manager you are running these monitors with the security rights of your current Windows login. When events run they are running with security rights associated with the service user used to run PolyMon's Executive service.
Please check what service user is used to run PolyMon Executive via the Admin tools Services application and make sure you specify a service user that has the correct security rights to resources you want to monitor on your network.
Ping and similar monitors do not require special security since credentials are not passed or needed to query those values. However, performance counters (such as CPU) do.
Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Fred.
Oct 12, 2007 at 1:42 PM
Thanks for the information. It works like a charm now. Thanks for your efforts in providing such a great product.