Web interface

Topics: User Forum
Aug 26, 2006 at 9:38 PM
Dashboard of PolyMon Manager is very smart..

Bu what about a web interface to visualize the status of monitors?

Marco
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2006 at 1:20 PM
Thanks for the nice feedback.

Ah, a web interface. Web development is not my strongest point so I have been holding off doing it until the first full release of PolyMon. It is however my intention to add it soon thereafter. The first PolyMon program I had did have a web interface for status monitoring only. Ideally, I would like to be able to manage PolyMon via Web as well.

A Web interface for status monitoring is definitely on my to do list.

Thanks,
Fred.
Aug 30, 2006 at 2:19 PM
I am going to develop a basic web interface to showing monitor status only, on a first release.

I think I will use some ajax code to handle refreshing status messages.

Marco
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2006 at 1:21 PM
Thanks Marco! I'm looking forward to it as it would be a great improvement not having to use the windows application (PolyMon manager) to view monitor statuses.
Fred.
Jan 17, 2007 at 6:57 PM
I too am very interested in a web interface for this program. Until then it would not be much use to me. Are you still implementing into future edition? Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2007 at 11:53 AM
A web interface is in the future roadmap. It will take a while however and will probably be phased. The first phase will deliver a web interface that will provide the same read functionality that polymon does. In other words it will provide a way to view the dashboard, historical reports, etc.
The second phase will involve the write functionality of polymon manager - this will include being able to create new monitors and perform all other edits.
Jan 10, 2008 at 6:14 PM

I have created a Powershell script that uploads the current PolyMon statuses to a web site as an XML file that can be accessed by other applications and most browsers will transform into HTML via the included XSLT file.

You'll find it in the patch list...
http://www.codeplex.com/polymon/SourceControl/PatchList.aspx