This project is read-only.

No Active Directory or Domain

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 31, 2007 at 11:29 AM
Is there a way to run PolyMon service and connect to other machines without a Active Directory or Domain structure?
Because on our web server farm we do not use Active Directory.
Oct 31, 2007 at 1:25 PM
I believe that some monitors will run fine (e.g. ping, http, etc). However, any resources you are trying to access that require credentials (such as Files, PerfMon(?), WMI(?), etc) will most likely not work. This is because the PolyMon service will appear to each monitored resource with the credentials the service itself runs under. If your servers are in the same workgroup, then in theory, as long as the PolyMon service is running in the same workgroup under a user account with access to secured resources you should still be fine (not tested though, just in theory).
Nov 1, 2007 at 10:20 AM
Service Log On
This Account : Administrator (targetcomputer user ) (location nothing)
Password : pass (targetcomputer pass)

Hi fbaptiste,
I have similar problem.
Service not authorize PolyMon Executive in windows services. My computers in same workgroup.
I try in Active Directory structer of this. Service run no problem. But service not run in workgroup.

Riaan

Nov 1, 2007 at 1:56 PM
Hi Riaan,
Two questions:
1. Is the PolyMon service itself not starting up or is it simply failing to run certain (or all) monitors?
2. When you are setting up monitors through PolyMon Manager, are you able to succesfully run the monitor in the Testing tab? If so, then whatever user account you are logged in as has the correct security rights to monitor that particular system and you should be able to run the same monitor from Executive using the same login credentials.
Thanks,
Fred.